Dear Tukes Valley Families,
I hope you all were able to enjoy the long Memorial Day weekend. At Tukes Valley Middle School we are gearing up for our last three weeks of school. We have a lot happening between now and June 18th, so I want to make sure that you have a list of upcoming events.
- ASB Elections Assembly – This assembly will be followed by voting for next year’s ASB officers.
- OMSI Visit to TVM – We will be hosting an OMSI Science Festival in our gym. All grade levels will have an opportunity throughout the day to to participate.
- Junior Rose Parade – The TVM Marching Band will march in this parade in downtown Portland!
- Relay for Life – All students will have the opportunity to participate in raising funds for cancer research. This year’s event is dedicated to Dr. Pam Judd, one of our staff members at TVM.
June 7th & June 8th: Early Release at 11:40 AM
- Student Showcase Conferences: Each grade level will be holding these student-led conferences. Information will be or has been sent home by each grade level regarding how the Student Showcase will function. This is a great opportunity for our kids to demonstrate their growth this year.
- End-of-Year Assembly – 2:00 – Our staff will be recognizing students for their hard work this year. We will also be having some fun activities and saying goodbye to our departing staff members.
- 6th Grade Greek Olympics (Day 1) – 12:00-2:40 PM at TVM on field near 500-Building
- 6th Grade Greek Olympics (Day 2) – 12:00-2:40 PM at TVM on field near 500-Building
- 7th Grade Field Trip to OMSI
- 8th Grade Celebration at Lewisville Park – Students who have met the academic and behavior requirements will be spending the day at Lewisville Park participating in games and activities. Students who have not met requirements will be attending classes at TVM.
- 5th Grade Congressional Hearing Event (Antos, Korum, Noye only)
- 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony – 9:30 in the Tukes Valley Commons. We will recognize the growth and achievement of our eighth grade students as they prepare to move on to high school. One of our 8th grade students is preparing a slide show for the ceremony. If you have pictures you would like have included please email them to email@example.com.
- Early Release @ 11:40
- Last Day of School
- Early Release @ 11:40
Please contact us at 360-885-6250 if you have any questions about these dates.